- 2nd Screen Viewing Experience
- 22.7% of video ads are blocked by ad blockers on PC experiences
- 40% of YouTube traffic is now accessed through mobile devices
- 46 billion online videos were show in the U.S. alone in September, supported by 22.9 billion ads
- 65% of tablet owners watch more than an hour of video per day on their tablet
- 66% of consumers prefer to get their media and entertainment through the "mobile web" vs. "in app"
- 2nd Screen Companion Experience
- there has a been 38% increase in Tweets YoY in TV activity
- for every Tweet written there are 50 voyeurs
- the press believes that the winner of Social TV will be decided between Facebook and Twitter
- ChromeCast is perhaps the best passive and pervasive "system" level 2nd Screen experience for Discovery and Control, which launched for an effective price of $22
- Machinima has announced the launch of Wingman, an Enhanced Viewing experience 2nd Screen app that is built into Microsoft Xbox Smartglass with the launch of Xbox One, allowing gamers to see someone play the level/sequence of the game they are playing side by side
- 2nd Screen Growth
- Ad spending for online video is expected to grow at 39.7% CAGR through 2016, reaching more than $10 billion in the U.S. alone
- Tablet shipments are expected to grow by 53% over last year in the U.S.
- Viggle saw a 289% revenue growth for their 2nd Screen app, reaching $4.6 million in calendar Q3
You can find the supporting detailed reports to these facts here.
You can find a summary of our research which is updated quarterly here.